Already applied?View Dashboard
Facilities Project RepresentativeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 664226BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May. 30, 2019
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Responsible for the management of all logistical facilities support from an operational standpoint for FL and CA sites to include all space planning, design and moves, facility construction, phones, to support facilities planning and construction projects.
- Responsible for planning and overseeing facility construction disciplines during the course of tenant improvement upgrade projects to WDI locations
- Provides facilities project oversight and technical leadership from conceptual design through construction of several (1 to 5) medium size facilities projects
- Acts as a representative of the Facilities and Operations Division on the project team
- Collaborates with functional management on staffing/costing and strategy issues
- Directs activities of in-house staff and outside consultants in the preparation of construction contract documents
- Provides technical and administrative direction in daily work environment to include team databases, VCT, and various monitors
- Oversees cell phone/PDA ordering, updates, contacts in database, and reviews phone bills for accuracy due to moves and changes, and all related phone issues
- Performs mock-up space sizing analysis, coordination and allocation on -going basis
- Oversees all phone issues
- Responsible for managing design budgets that will generally range up to $1M
- Understanding of construction principles and how things are built
- Ability to successfully lead project team including consultants, staff extensions, contractors, etc.
- Decision-making responsibility
- Elevates appropriate issues to Manager/Director level
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Manages relationships with owner/operator and is the primary representative for WDI
- Manages inventory of vehicles, pargos and heavy equipment
- Manages container program
- Design or facilities experience totaling a minimum of three years, including responsibility for production of working drawings, specifications and other construction documents in one or more of the major disciplines in the field of building design and construction
- Ability to understand the needs of the clients and to manage relationships between owner and operator
- Ability to give direction, adapt to change, establish relationships and work in a team environment
- Ability to take on special projects as given by manager
- High School Diploma with some college training in the facilities/construction field or a minimum on 3-5 years of actual work experience required
- Graduate degree in a core discipline such as: Construction management, Architecture, Interior Design or related disciplines is desirable
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.