Facility Civil EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738393BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 23, 2020
We’re looking for someone who has the knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in an industrial or facilities environment and is able to make sound mid to high-level technical decisions that affect design/operational outcomes, independently of management. In this position, you would represent the organization to its customers and clients and lead organizational teams to the correct and logical solution to problems or projects.
You’ll be most successful if you have familiarity with the Epcot codes, organizational procedures and processes, and standards related to civil engineering principles, and is proficient in the proper application of such.
If you’ve demonstrated proficiency in the use of both technical and administrative application software, as well as the completion of engineering projects as part of a project team, this could be the role for you!
Responsibilities:Every day as a Facility Civil Engineer is different! On any given day, you might:
- Create Civil Engineering designs for small to medium-sized projects in the parks and resorts
- Be part of a multi-discipline rapid response team to the parks and resorts maintenance groups
- Support the annual development of Civil Engineering projects for the property-wide integrated facility planning
- Put your strategic thinking skills to use by partnering with customers and clients, and developing client, partner, and stakeholder relationships that are beneficial to the organization
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including movie screenings, deep discounts on things you can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
- PE License in the State of Florida
- Familiar with the Florida Building Code
- 5-10 years of experience in the design or construction of Underground Utilities
- Experience in the design of Retaining Walls, Boat Docks and Seawalls
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of storm water and sanitary drainage systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to continuing education and increasing technical proficiency
- Self-starter who's able to multi-task as well as manage consultants who are performing work for A&FE
- Willingness to have a flexible work schedule
- Demonstrated leadership skills in normal day-to-day accountabilities that include support of and participation in organizational strategic initiatives
- Proficiency with Windows applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you also had:
- Professional Society Membership
- Experience with the selection of pumps
- Experience in the design of paving
- Knowledge of environmental permitting requirements
- Familiar with the Epcot Code
- Experience in the mitigation of damaged utilities (in the field)
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum
- Master of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or a technical discipline
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.