Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Finance Intern - Parks, Experiences & Products - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 692659BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 01, 2019
Disney Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products is the unparalleled, worldwide leader in the theme parks and vacation experience industry. The segment has experienced rapid growth over the last few years due to the introduction of new experiences and technological advancements around the world. The segment has served as the backbone of growth for the Walt Disney Company, outperforming both revenue and operating income growth projections. Our recent openings include the launch of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (August 29, 2019). In addition, there are multiple expansions currently underway at the Walt Disney World Resort including, a new immersive Star Wars Hotel, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and Ratatouille rides at Epcot to just name a few. Disney Cruise Line is launching three new cruise ships, which will almost double the size of the current fleet, and Disney Vacation Club will soon open its 15th Vacation Club property – Disney’s Riviera Resort.
Orlando is the home of the Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club. These businesses are supported by a team of over 500 finance and accounting professionals, and we are aggressively recruiting top candidates to join our Finance Summer 2020 Internship in Orlando, Florida. Being a part of Disney Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member in finance you have the ability to have a career that can span all of these businesses while not having to change companies or locations. Our Cast Members are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovation. The Finance team is responsible for providing financial and strategic leadership and guidance to our clients in these businesses.
Key benefits of this program include:
- Exposure to multiple business segments and teams across Walt Disney World
- Opportunity to help drive, analyze, propose, and develop changes to processes and projects
- Assigned and integrated into to a specific finance team supporting Walt Disney World
- Project based role focused on development of the key foundations of finance
- Extensive onboarding & training
- Real world experience
- Professional networking
- Inclusion in a cohort of other interns
- Pairing with a mentor and buddy to help with assimilation into the company and to provide career guidance
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze business strategies, new business opportunities, and productivity initiatives for senior management by developing pro forma models and financial analyses
- Coordinate business planning for clients including the long-term plan, annual operating plan, and monthly forecasts
- Develop presentations for clients and financial leadership
- Manage day-to-day client relationships with local management and senior executives
Basic Qualifications / Expectations:
- A passion for the Disney product
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and teamwork/partnering ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Current junior (rising senior) pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or equivalent
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization.
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months).
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available for 40 hours/week from approximately May 2020 through early August 2020
- Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.