Financial Analyst, Walt Disney ImagineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 861758BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
Responsibilities:The Financial Analyst role will be part of the Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) Finance team that supports the ideation, design, production, and construction of projects within the WDI organization through providing key financial guidance to an operating area or project portfolio.
- Developing financial analysis to influence and add value to decisions
- Communicating financial analyses to leaders on a timely basis
- Developing and nurturing key working relationships with partners and executives; understanding their core business
- Identifying financial issues and presenting analyses in a format that clearly communicates results for management evaluation
- Building financial models for performance and trend analysis
- Developing alternatives/proposals for process improvements
- Promoting financial controls throughout the organization
- Discovering deep insights utilizing modern data analytics platforms and tools
- 1 – 2 years of experience in finance, consulting, strategy, investment banking, private equity or related field
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Organized individual with initiative willing to take a creative approach and work on assigned projects independently and in teamwork settings
- Experience with creative thinking and fast turnaround production
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously across multiple disciplines
- Experience in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization (Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) and familiarity handling large data sets (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery etc.)
- SAP experience
- Programming exposure, such as SQL, VBA, R or Python
- Prior Walt Disney Company, entertainment, attractions, aerospace, construction, real estate, or manufacturing industry experience
- Experience telling stories with data (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other business or quantitative equivalent
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.