Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 780365BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 04/07/2021
This Financial Analyst role provides day-to-day financial support and analysis for Disney Parks, Experience and Products Technology and Digital. This position will work closely with the finance team to develop long-term plans, annual capital plans and monthly forecasts as well as provide other day-to-day financial management support. In addition, this position will provide day-to-day and ad hoc analyses and decision support for the organization.
- Develop an understanding of the business and provide financial guidance and decision support by collaborating with
bi-coastal team members and partners (DPEP Technology & Digital and other Finance teams)
- Ensure accuracy of all financial information received and shared for planning processes and financial analyses
- Support key planning functions such as the Annual Operating Plan, Long Term Strategic Plan and monthly Forecasts. Responsibilities include proactive and objective financial analyses to determine present and future financial performance as well as preparing and presenting financial reviews with recommended actions
- Prepare journal entries for accruals, re-classes, and amortizations to ensure proper posting of financials; setup WBSEs
- Prepare month-end financial reports/decks and ad hoc analyses, Product/Project Capital Expenditure and Operating Expense Forecast, Planning and Reports
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to streamline and innovate processes and outputs
- One or more years of experience in planning and forecasting, financial analysis, or related field
- Basic technical accounting skills and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative analysis, financial modeling, and continuous improvement, and project management with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAP, Business Objects Analysis, and Longview
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, effectively manage multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proactive communicator with strong verbal and written skills as well as active listening skills
- Ability to build strong and effective working relationships with team members, peers, partners/clients at all levels across the organization
- Self-starter, with natural curiosity, willingness to challenge the status quo
- Professional team player with a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to simplify complex issues and incorporates effective “storytelling” to engage and influence the audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.