Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Financial Reporting Controllership Intern, Parks & Resorts-Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524340BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 02/05/2018
ResponsibilitiesThis role is mainly responsible for assisting in the consolidation and reporting efforts for the Parks and Resorts Controller’s Group in Orlando, FL. The role will involve working on the quarterly and monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flow statements and related schedules. It will also encompass preparing and analyzing multiple reports, deliverables, and ad hoc projects.
A Day in the Life…
- Preparation and analysis of P&L, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows
- Preparation and booking of journal entries and reconciliation of accounts
- SOX Compliance work
- Analysis of financial data to complete financial deliverables
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring…
- Strong understanding of financial principles
- Understanding of the preparation of financial statements and related schedules
- Experience with creating ad-hoc financial models/reports in Excel
- Proficient with intermediate Excel functions, including formulas and pivot tables
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning system (SAP) to extract data and perform analytics using Excel, Access, and other tools
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate results to senior management and staff
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Ability to provide solutions to problems as needed within tight deadline constraints
- Previous accounting work experience
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated) with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
- Rising senior or recent graduate
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Plans to pursue CPA licensing
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization.
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months).
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available for 40 hours/week from May 2018 through August 2018.
- Required Materials: Résumé and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program