Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial Systems ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 702314BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 09, 2019
The Financial Systems Manager will implement and enable the overall website development and reporting strategy for DPEP and Corporate Tax Finance. They will provide input and influencing for the technology and development needs of DPEP and Corporate Tax Finance reporting websites globally and the overall Financial Systems community in the key areas of website development, reporting, end user support, training, and process efficiency. The Manager’s key focus will be to enable the value added website strategy that is developed for DPEP and Corporate Tax. This person must be able to partner and develop strong lasting relationships with Enterprise and Segment-level clients to develop and execute a broad range of website reporting initiatives, automation projects and process improvement efforts.
The ideal candidate should have strong web development and database knowledge (e.g. MSSQL and/or SAP HANA) and experience with reporting system implementations at a Corporate or Segment level. This candidate should also be familiar with current business analytics and technology infrastructure best practices and be able to partner with a variety of organizations to support and improve existing business processes.
- Drives long term reporting strategy for Financial Systems and related processes
- Implements strategic reporting plans participating in the selection of methods, tools, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Serves as a strategic business planning partner working with business units (within each Segment and across the Enterprise) and IT to formulate enhancement options to address specific functional issues / requirements
- Develops Strategy for obtaining/Analyzing metrics to identify trends, process/system opportunities and recommends corrective action
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering initiatives
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business specific objectives
- Leads the design, resource management, implementation of projects and process improvements for the Parks and Resorts Segment
- Effectively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members.
- Assists in developing project infrastructure for team (i.e. templates, project management methodology and execution)
- Develops project plans with specific goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and allotment of resources for each phase of the project.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule
- Identify and address change impacts in the training and communication plans
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Works with team to lead in resolution of day-to-day technical/procedural challenges.
- Impacts the level of service and the team’s ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies, resource requirements, budgets and the business plan
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally
- Manages team resources and ensure they are utilized appropriately
- Proactively recruits, retains and develops a diverse range of talented people
- Provides challenging work assignments and development opportunities
- Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods and staffing.
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment
- Leads the development and execution of communication plans outlining goals, key audiences/ stakeholders, objectives, recommended channels, and metrics for success and timelines.
- Deliver consistent, timely and relevant internal communications and trainings to client base
- Collaborates and solves problems – works with others to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information, provide initial screening/negotiations.
- Communicates with finance managers at the same or higher levels on matters of considerable complexity
- Concisely develops and delivers key information; ability to develop well laid out presentations
- Conveys relevant information in a timely and concise manner
- Minimum of 2 years working with a business analytics reporting or planning tool (e.g., BusinessObjects, Cognos, SAS, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years in application development
- Minimum of 2 years in database administration
- Minimum of 2 years managing a BI installation
- Minimum 3 years (preferred) of staff management experience
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Experience using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) including: server management: setup, configure, maintain and administer connections, credentials, subscriptions, report models and reports
- Knowledge of MicroSoft SQL Server databases: ETL and data architect skills as well as advanced table, View, and Stored Procedure creation and optimization.
- Proficiency in the BusinessObjects suite of reporting tools, including but not limited to Webi, Analysis, Dashboards, and Lumira
- Experience with standard web development tools utilized in the creation for websites and web enabled dashboards
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to employ various styles, as necessary
- Experience leading groups with no reporting relationship to them
- Ability to lead the development of training for end users and technical teams
- Comfort leading meetings and training sessions
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients, while anticipating their business needs
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures
- Passion for and knowledge of new emerging technologies to deliver best practice business solutions
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills; ability to work in a dynamic, matrix environment
- Proven ability to collaborate and establish relationships with employees and teams, at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp complex data models
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Objects, Cognos and/or other reporting tools
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Understanding of statistics and probability
- Experience working with and presenting to senior levels of management
- Demonstrated experience managing process efficiency projects
- Experience leading and championing change for projects
- Experience working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
Required EducationBachelor's Degree in Business Administration,
Business, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Information Systems, or a related field
Preferred EducationGraduate Degree
Business, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MBA, MIS)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.