Financial Systems ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 874905BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
The Financial Systems Manager will provide leadership for the Front of the House systems and SAP related sustainment activities, including testing, issues resolution, and projects in partnership with internal clients to develop and execute best-practices for WDW and the TP&R segment. The role also includes review of process for opportunity to gain efficiencies within and across processes. This role is in the Financial Systems Enterprise organization and will require accounting background to understand the financial impacts from requested changes and issue resolution. The goal is from finance perspective to ensure financial integrity and controls while also partnering closely with operations and partners across the Enterprise to achieve best practice solutions and efficiencies.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with the financial processes associated with the Front of the House and supporting systems and with projects at the Segment or Business Unit level. This candidate should be familiar with current best practices and new technological trends to enhance the effectiveness of the transaction processing, reconciliation, reporting and revenue recognition. The role requires a strong partnership with the Technical teams along with the Finance areas to ensure clear understanding of the issues and final resolution. There will be a requirement for communication to executive leadership on a period basis.
This person will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Systems OTC
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills in finance and/or accounting processes
- Minimum of 5 years leading change management efforts at the Enterprise, Segment and Business Unit levels of the organization
- Minimum 3 years (preferred) of staff management experience
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Passion for and knowledge of emerging technologies to deliver best practice solutions ensuring financial systems integrity and controls
- Expert knowledge/experience in Financial Systems and/or Systems area for business and technical audiences
- Experience leading and championing change for large projects that encompass front of house and back of house finance/accounting and integration to SAP ensuring financial integrity
- Demonstrate multi-tasking and project management skills to manage workload from logistics to strategic efforts, while adhering to deadlines and high quality.
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to employ various styles, formats and voices clearly, consistently and creatively.
- Ability to develop a logical and persuasive approach and outline for a “deck”, knowing how to vary format, structure, and content to suit various audiences
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients, their needs and potential reactions to communications and ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures.
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Objects or other reporting tools
- Ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Manager, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Business, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Information Systems, or a related field
- Graduate Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Business, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MBA, MIS)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.