Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Fire Protection Engineering Professional Internship: Fall 2017Apply Now Job ID 426244BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts Job Posting Area Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/15/2017
Fire Protection Engineering Professional Internship: Fall 2017
"We make magic." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
As a member of the Facilities & Operations Services team, you will help to engineer the magic. You will be part of a team that works each day to design, build, service and maintain a level of service that exceeds our client and guest expectations. Your team's responsibilities may include:
- Work under the direction of an Engineer for fire protection systems
- Develop engineering documentation including: floor plans, schematics/wiring diagrams and details, riser diagrams, equipment rack assemblies/details, interconnection diagrams, equipment installations and test plans for fire protection systems
- Review codes and standards for requirements and projects applicable to projects
- Provide installation supervision and test & adjust support for fire protection systems
- Assist in the performance of acceptance test procedures (ATP) for fire protection systems
- Learn and apply standard engineering techniques and ensure that assigned designs are in compliance with appropriate technical standards and regulatory codes
- Perform design reviews to ensure codes, standards and design requirements are met
- Assist in troubleshooting of existing fire protection systems including: taking measurements, recording data and developing and recommending solutions
- Perform special tasks and projects as assigned
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the Role:
- Cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: No rounding.)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (esp. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
- Successful completion of the Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Successful completion of the Engineering Professional Development Studies class at Disney
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university
- Fire Protection Engineering or Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology major
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are August 2017 - December 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is March 31, 2017.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed on March 31, 2017.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”