Food and Beverage Analytics ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 800691BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
The Food and Beverage Analytics Manager is responsible for providing analytical and data-based solutions that support all areas of WDW Food and Beverage. In this role, you will be able to draw on your experience in this data rich environment through statistical modeling and data analysis. You will have the chance to leverage your expertise and knowledge to maximize value for the Food and Beverage Organization through complex analysis, data visualization, and compelling storytelling.
- Manage analytics projects from inception to completion – including translating business questions into an analytics scope, developing measurement framework, establishing data requirements and sourcing data, conducting analysis, synthesizing results, creating and delivering presentations
- Identify, develop and implement strategies to optimize the data migration for F&B Point of Sale Replacement store build
- Design database structures and manage dataflow from Food and Beverage systems into various reporting environments.
- Dive deep into drivers of our business; analyze data and trends and develop recommendations based on opportunities for improved financial performance and business optimization for leadership
- Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations that show business performance
- Collaborate with partners at all levels of the organization to design data solutions that answer specific business questions
- Maintain metadata glossary for F&B owned data platform
- 2+ years of Data and Analytics work experience
- Advanced proficiency with Access, Excel and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Advanced skills and experience with database administration and modern databases (e.g. Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Exceptional ability to present analytics in a way that tells a story and experience presenting insights to non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (technical skills as well as big picture)
- Exceptional organization and project management skills with ability to make timely and effective decisions to meet fluid deadlines
- Able to work autonomously, take directions and inputs from partners locally and remotely
- Willingness to take on initiatives and learn new systems and applications
- Understanding of data science fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, operating systems, database systems, object oriented systems & design
- Experience creating and modifying ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes
- Experience writing code using Python and SQL (ANSI) (Teradata and Snowflake)
- Experience in providing financial support within the Food and Beverage industry
- Data Science experience
- Bachelor’s degree with preferred concentration in Business, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Data Mining, or similar field
- MBA or Master's Degree in an analytic field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.