Full Stack Python Developer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 842846BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 12, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Decision Science and Integration (DDSI) team is responsible for supporting clients across The Walt Disney Company including Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP), Media Networks (e.g., ABC, ESPN, etc.), Studio Entertainment (The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Theatrical), and Corporate Finance. DDSI leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to build innovative tools that shape business decisions and drive business value.
We are seeking full-stack developer candidates for roles at multiple levels within the Analytic Platforms and Solutions (APS) team. The specific job level for an individual candidate will be determined based on their education, prior experience, and demonstrated technical and leadership proficiencies.
Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the "why" behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
As part of our team, you will support the development and implementation of advanced analytic systems for one or more business segments. This role will require a strong computing background, a systems mindset, excellent analytical and quantitative skills, and the ability to deliver creative solutions to complex problems.
- Develop custom analytical software that solves complex business problems
- Implement decision systems that improve the use of analytics at Disney Media Networks
- Partner with Decision Science teams to integrate data science advancements into end-to-end solutions
- Partner with Data and Technology teams to establish scalable, efficient, and automated data processes
- Full-stack web development experience
- Minimum three years software development experience
- Minimum two years’ experience with Python and Django
- Experience with front-end frameworks, and ReactJS in particular
- Experience working with large and complex volumes of data with various databases and data warehouses
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Excellent problem-solving, design, and development skills
- Willingness and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environments and managing multiple priorities
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from beginning through implementation, meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Data Mining, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Experience configuring/tuning software applications and database connections
- Experience with analytic applications
- Relevant industry knowledge in media, entertainment, theme parks, or resorts
- Experience with Snowflake cloud data warehouse
- Experience with analytics tools like Databricks, or similar
- Experience contributing to/leading software tool evaluations
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.