Gardener, Walt Disney WorldApply Now Apply Later Job ID 808362BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 06/08/2021
ResponsibilitiesThe Gardener provides horticulture support with landscape and turf maintenance, shrub and tree care, bedding plant maintenance, fertilization, watering, and operation of grounds maintenance equipment. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
- Provide horticulture with shrub and tree care, create plant bedding, planting and maintenance, fertilization, and watering
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
Basic Qualifications• Valid Florida driver’s license
• Minimum of two (2) years’ sports field and athletic field experience
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with commercial landscape and turf maintenance
• Ability to operate grounds and turf maintenance equipment
• Ability to lay out all different sports fields for competition
• Ability to troubleshoot irrigation
• Knowledge of plant nutrition and diseases
• Must be familiar with proper landscape practices of fertilization, planting, irrigation and pruning
• Must be able to perform field maintenance on various athletic fields including experience with clay infields and the lining of various sport venues
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to work in sustained hot or cold temperatures over the course of a shift
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
Keyword: WDWMaintenance, WDW Casting, WDW FOS, WDW WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.