Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Global HR Operations Process & Knowledge Management Intern, Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738659BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 24, 2020
The GHRO Process & Knowledge team is responsible for the strategic development and maintenance of the GHRO knowledge base which includes agent, employee, and HR partner facing information. Additionally, this team is responsible for developing and executing the vision for the GHRO end user experience. This team is leading the strategic development, implementation and sustainment of Global HR Operations.
The expected results from this team include a Common Employee Experience enabled through consolidated, seamless technology and applied Common Processes.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
- Write and maintain content for the applicable knowledge portfolios which make up the GHRO knowledge base
- Author specialized articles for D Tools HR
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Participate in the review and approval process for knowledge articles/items from conception to implementation
- Author and update knowledge articles for D Tools HR leveraging standard practices
- Communicate and follow up with partners submitting knowledge articles to inform them of the status of their submissions
- Work with appropriate leaders internally and externally to gain approval of content
- Author specialized articles intended on marketing Global HR Operations
- Identify new methods and technologies for delivering information to employees and cast members
- Develop and deploy knowledge by leveraging multimedia technologies, such as graphics, audio, and video
- Review trends in knowledge management and recommends process improvements and changes
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Experience with content development and professional writing
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Detail oriented and excellent follow-through skills
- Experience with leveraging multimedia (graphics, audio, video) to communicate information to individuals
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with HTML
- Computer programming
- Experience with social media technologies
- Experience with multimedia technologies, such as Camtasia, iMovie
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Junior, Senior, recent graduate level, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Management Information Systems, Communications, or a closely related field
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 to January 2021.
- Availability: Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
- Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.