Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Graphic Design/Communication Intern–Disney Internships&Programs F' 20Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 727578BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 21, 2020
The Disney Programs Communications team is responsible for the reputation and brand management of Disney Internships and Programs. This means telling the great stories of our program participants and communicating details across both internal and external platforms including company websites, emails and social media. This team also partners with operation teams and global departments within the company in order to find and create compelling content.
An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.
- Graphics used in print, digital and video platforms, such as fliers, posters, digital signage, social media creative and motion graphics
- Photography for use in print and electronic communication vehicles
- Improving and maintaining existing communication vehicles, such as Wordpress, digital signage system, bulletin boards and more
- Collaboration and participation in brainstorming and planning meetings with teammates and key business partners
- Supporting program events, like arrivals and capstone events, including the Night of Stars Talent Competition and Starlit Splash
- Specific college training in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, inclusive of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Writing, editing, proofreading and research skills and understanding of how traditional and new media work
- Knowledgeable of AP Style
- Photography experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle work and materials that are confidential in nature
- Organizational skills to manage project deadlines
Preferred Qualifications:It'd be nice to have..
- Demonstrated proficiency in Keynote, Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office and Adobe After Effects
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program and understanding of Disney Programs offerings
- Experience on Mac and Windows operating systems
- Web design/coding experience
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in a college or university earning a degree in Graphic Design or a closely related major
Additional Information:Materials Required:
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**
Your professional portfolio should showcase the following types of work:
- Writing: Professional writing, storytelling and copy-editing.
- Visual Communication: Photojournalism, videography and graphic design.
- Media materials: Media alerts, press releases and video news releases.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.