Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Internship.
Graphic Design/Communications Intern, Summer/Fall 2024Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10074664 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Feb. 12, 2024
About the Role & Program
Safety is an organizational priority and an integral part of the 5 Keys. The Worldwide Safety & Health/Engineering/Sourcing(WSHES) Creative team is the department that inspires our Guests and over 100,000 Cast Members globally to make safe and healthy choices through stories, humor and creative solutions. We make safety, wellness and training come alive through innovative and engaging communications that include infographics, videos, dynamic signage and storytelling.
We’re looking for individuals for our intern program who are passionate about communication and Disney. Are you one of them? If so, apply today!
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit an electronic portfolio with your application. Instructions are listed below under the ‘Materials Required’ section. Please submit this at the time of application.
What You Will Do
- Designing and creating marketing materials, logos and brands for internal and external use
- Creating and implementing communication strategies that engage and educate our Guests and Cast Members through print and electronic communications
- Partnering with subject matter experts to develop innovative content, such as infographics, dynamic signage, fliers and videos
- Maintaining and improving existing global vehicles, such as the internal company website and back-of-house communication platforms
- Collaborating with other creatives inside and outside of our department
- Staying on top of trends and thinking of ways to create impactful content for Cast Members and Guests
Required Qualifications & Skills
- What you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Basic photography knowledge
- Proven ability to problem solve, think critically and manage multiple projects independently and within a team environment
- Knowledge in Adobe Premiere Pro and/or After Effects
- Proficiency in writing
- Previous experience as a Disney Cast Member
- A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position
- You’ll be an undergraduate or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Digital Media or a related major
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months at time of application posting OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look appearance guidelines
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the internship
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024 through January 2025
- Must be fully available for the duration of the internship (approximately 40 hours each week)
- Must have reliable transportation to/from work
- We provide limited housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to interview for this position. We strongly encourage applicants to print or save a copy of this opportunity for reference in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed. We hope to speak with you soon!
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.