Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Graphic Design/Communications Intern, WDW Safety & Health-Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 727575BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 21, 2020
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is seeking dedicated and passionate candidates to fill internship roles that focus on communicating safety and wellness to thousands of Cast Members and Guests daily. Safety is the first of Disney’s Four Keys and the Worldwide Safety & Health Communications team is the creative department that inspires our Guests and over 100,000 Cast Members globally to make safe and healthy choices through stories, humor and animated characters. We make safety and wellness come alive through innovative and engaging communications that include infographics, videos, dynamic signage and storytelling.
We’re looking for individuals for our intern program who are passionate about communication and Disney. Are you one of them? If so, apply today!
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit an electronic portfolio with your application. Instructions are listed below under the ‘Additional Information’ section. Please submit this at the time of application.
- Designing and creating marketing materials, logos and brands for internal and external use
- Developing and executing communication strategies that engage and educate our Guests and Cast Members including use of photography for print and electronic communications
- Writing for electronic and print communication, such as e-newsletters, fliers and print publications
- Maintaining and improving existing global vehicles, such as the company intranet and back-of-house communication platforms
- Collaborating to produce short safety and wellness videos
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Proficiency in writing
- Basic photography knowledge
- Proven ability to problem solve, think critically and manage multiple projects independently and within a team environment
- Experience on Mac and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge in Adobe Premiere Pro and/or AfterEffects
- Previous experience as a Disney Cast Member
- Experience capturing and editing video content
- Currently enrolled as a sophomore, junior or higher pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Design, Communication, Fine Arts, Digital Media or a related major
Additional Information:Materials Required:
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**
Your professional portfolio should include some of the following types of work:
- Visual Communication: Graphic design, videography or photojournalism examples.
- Writing: Storytelling, professional writing, press releases or copy-editing examples.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continuous employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.