Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Graphic Design/Communications Internship, WSHES Creative, Summer/Fall 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10036690 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 20, 2023
Safety is an organizational priority and an integral part of the 5 Keys. The Worldwide Safety, Health, Engineering and Sourcing (WSHES) Creative team is the department that inspires our Guests and over 100,000 Cast Members globally to make safe and healthy choices through stories, humor and creative solutions. We make safety, wellness and training come alive through innovative and engaging communications that include infographics, videos, dynamic signage and storytelling.
We’re looking for individuals for our intern program who are passionate about communication and Disney. Are you one of them? If so, apply today!
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit an electronic portfolio with your application. Instructions are listed below under the ‘Additional Information’ section. Please submit this at the time of application.
This is a six-month internship. The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2023 through January 2024
A day in the life of our team…
- Designing and creating marketing materials, logos and brands for internal and external use
- Developing and executing communication strategies that engage and educate our Guests and Cast Members including use of photography for print and electronic communications
- Writing for electronic and print communication, such as e-newsletters, fliers and print publications
- Maintaining and improving existing global vehicles, such as the company intranet and back-of-house communication platforms
- Collaborating to produce short safety and wellness videos
What you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Basic photography knowledge
- Proven ability to problem solve, think critically and manage multiple projects independently and within a team environment
- Knowledge in Adobe Premiere Pro and/or AfterEffects
- Proficiency in writing
- Previous experience as a Disney Cast Member
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Design, Communication, Fine Arts, Digital Media or a related major
The pay rate for this internship in Orlando, FL is $21.20 per hour.
We provide housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here.
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**
Your professional portfolio should include some of the following types of work:
- Visual Communication: Graphic design, videography or photojournalism examples.
- Writing: Storytelling, professional writing, press releases or copy-editing examples.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.