Already applied?View Dashboard
Graphic DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 658324BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 03, 2019
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Environmental Graphic Designers who develop signage and show graphics that help tell the stories in Disney Theme Parks and Resorts worldwide.
- Provide support to the project team for design and implementation of assigned projects; support implementation of design intent as a member of the project design team
- Develop varied Environmental Graphic and Sign Design solutions for project work at all stages of assigned projects from concept design through the preparation of construction documentation
- Ensure that the creative intent is achieved by successfully integrating sign design with other disciplines and components of the facility exterior, interior and area development
- Prepare specific deliverables including, but not limited to: locating signs on base sheets and elevations; material call outs; drawing packages to describe the sign's look and fabrication, Production art; etc.
- Ensures adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
- Provide support to various Environmental Graphic design projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation
- Prepare Signage design information and documentation
- Provide design documentation in the form of illustration, photographs, scaled images, research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation including plotting elevations, locating signs, reading and plotting floor plans, reading and plotting area development plans
- Work independently on assigned projects
- May direct the work of a design intern.
- Makes day to day decisions on a scope of work with guidance from the Lead Graphic designer
- Regularly communicate and coordinate with others in the department, and as part of a larger, multidiscipline project team
- May be Graphic Design representative at project team meetings
- May influence department or project team based on specific expertise or previous experience
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating Graphic design issues within the Graphic Design team
- Supports implementation of project goals/objectives through problem-solving and development of design solutions
- Minimum three years of experience in Environmental Graphic design practice
- Knowledge of Sign Code requirements for facilities and Theme Park applications
- Demonstrated ability to solve Environmental Graphic Design challenges
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in solving Environmental Graphic design challenges
- Demonstrated ability in Creative Suite 6 or digital illustration tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Sketch-up and MS Office Suite preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Knowledge of Environmental Graphic design and sign construction techniques
- Knowledge of Wayfinding systems and programming
- Knowledge of programming Environmental Graphics for various applications (hotels, restaurants, retail, parking facilities)
- Knowledge of all phases of a sign design program
- Technical knowledge of Sign design
- Knowledge of related areas, including architecture, interior design, area development, etc.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited program required
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.