Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Group Event Booking Solutions Internship – Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 744879BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 30, 2020
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Group & Events Business Services provide booking support for business areas such as Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings, Disney Youth Programs, Disney Meetings, Disney Institute, Disney Sports, Disney In House Meeting and Events and several other partners and segments. Provide exceptional service and positive experiences to Internal/External Guests.
Opportunity to serve as a contact for key internal events at Walt Disney World Theme parks and resorts to support various Sales, Services and Events channels with a focus on logistics and meeting space planning needs. Supporting DIME (Disney In House Meeting and Events) by partnering successfully to book space and accomplishing high guest service. Responsibilities will include creation of Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), interact with internal sales/services partners to book space and help with logistical planning of Disney In House Meetings and Event requests.
- Provide exceptional service and positive experiences to internal Guests by helping with their internal meeting space booking, creating Banquet Event Orders (BEOs)
- Facilitating equipment pick-ups/deliveries, budget management, ordering needed catering/entertainment/audio visual
- Engage with clients and guests on a fast paced environment helping with meeting logistical planning as well as taking equipment requests and ordering needed catering/entertainment/audio visual etc.
- You will partner with key internal partners
- Provide excellent guest service and communications via phone, email, and in-person
- Office environment with computer data input, phone coverage, and email interactions
What you bring to the role…
The minimum qualifications you need to be considered for any of these positions are:
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, as well as telephone etiquette skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Proven self-starter
- Strong Guest Services, partnering, networking, and relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate proactive problem solving and critical thinking in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to learn new software applications
- Proven knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort property, products and services
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License.
- Strong time management skills, dependability, and accountability
- Prior Participation in the Disney College Program
- Previous experience in event planning, event execution, or training
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months, in an accredited college/university as a junior or higher, majoring in Marketing, Event Planning, Communications, Training/Education or related major
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.