Group Event System AdminApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009894 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Aug. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As a Group Event System Administrator you will develop customized websites, registration forms, and mobile websites within vendor-based solutions. You will be the team's expert and provide technical support for systems used by the SEM (Special Event Management) team. Our Special Event Management team collaborates with 25 different Disney lines of business to support events that showcase the Disney Brand, our unique experiences, products and services.
- Review all project timelines and deliverables to ensure that the project goals are met.
- Develop sites that handle end-to-end registration process including:
- Creation of and updates to guest profiles
- Accept air and/or ground transportation requests
- Accept resort room requests and manage room blocks
- Accept flight and/or hotel confirmations once booked
- Creation of and updates to agenda items / guest itinerary sessions
- Accept asset distribution data
- Accommodate varying guest groups and entitlements
- Informational multi-page websites
- Accurate posting of fees
- Inventory based items and waitlist functionality
- Build internal communication items:
- Event reports
- Vanity URL's
- SOG's and training materials
- Prepare and test event communication pieces including:
- Final Confirmations / "What to know"
- Provide client assistance by phone, IM, shared screen or email
- Collect financial information:
- Billing information for usage fees
- Deposit information for payment collection
- Create and maintain user ID's and access level by system, including quarterly audits.
- Participate in discovery meetings with partners to determine individual needs per event.
- Suggest solutions for event partners as new system functionality is released.
- Help with the implementation and roll out of new event systems (i.e. Queue It, Touchpoint).
- Open and monitor system support tickets, providing details on breaks to IT partners and to clients on timing and solutions.
- Minimum one year related experience, 2 years Disney experience
- Understand the event needs and important internal and functional priorities to ensure that the site design needs and timelines are met.
- Provide high quality internal partner interaction by delivering a positive experience using Disney standards of quality and the Journey Approach.
- Support the development and delivery of event sites while collaborating with the event requestor.
- Demonstrate strong organization skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrate listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and deliver quality, timely work within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple projects with varying priorities and deadlines.
- Willingness to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Disney Systems experience (EventsWithDisney / Certain, Courier, Merchandise Special Events) preferred.
- Proven ability to create functional logic (i.e. if, then, and, or statements)
- Proficient in Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator or similar image editing software
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and professionalism
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and ability to provide creative solutions
- Has previous experience in System Administration
- Ability to work with vendor and software design to recommend and maximize software capabilities
- Proven experience with running various reports and being able to analyze data
- Able to manage a high volume of work and balance multiple priorities
- Preferred knowledge of group markets (Resort Sales, Merchandise, Disney Institute, Marketing, etc.)
- Proven experience to think out-of-the-box and find new ways of doing things
- Knowledge of event management solutions, cloud services, and SAAS tools preferred
- Previous experience training others
- Demonstrated knowledge of PCI and PII laws and regulations
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.