Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Group Ticket Solutions Internship - Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 744476BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 28, 2020
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Group & Events Business Services provide sales support for business areas such as Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings, Disney Youth Programs, Disney Meetings, Disney Institute, Disney Group Getaways, Disney Sports and several other partners and segments. Provide exceptional service and positive experiences to Internal/External Guests.
Responsibilities:Be a part of an original team and culture…
Opportunity to be immersed into the Walt Disney World Non-Leisure businesses including Disney Youth Group Programs and Meetings and Conventions & Disney Sports. Supporting bulk ticketing sales by learning eligibility requirements and validating multiple ticketing programs. Partnering to successfully accomplish high guest service will include collaborating electronically, or internally with Sales, Guest Relations, and Ticket Fulfillment.
- Interact with Guests and internal sales/services partners to validate, document, and process individual and bulk ticket orders
- Process a high volume of incoming orders via various technologies including phone and email.
- Provide exceptional service/recovery and positive experiences to internal and external Guests by using The Four Keys Basics and soft skills.
- Ensure that group and Convention ticket orders are processed within group deadlines following appropriate guidelines
Basic Qualifications:You Bring…
The minimum qualifications you need to be considered for any of these positions are:
- Strong Guest Services Skills including the ability to ensure Guest satisfaction and provide timely appropriate Guest service recovery
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to details
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated verbal skills, including telephone etiquette
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to learn new technology applications
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to be creative in the handling of a wide range of situations involving our internal Walt Disney World Cast Members, Travel Agents, and Guests on a daily basis
- Flexibility to work on ever-changing, time-sensitive priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Organize work flow for accomplishing client needs
- Manage high-volume interaction by phone, email.
- Currently enrolled in a Hospitality, Business or Event Management program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and SharePoint
- Customer service or contact call center sales experience
- Prior experience in the Hospitality industry or Sales industry
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program or previous Disney work experience
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months, in an accredited college/university, earning a degree in hospitality, business, marketing/sales or related field
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.