Guest Exp Mgr-Disney Spec ActivitiesApply NowApply Later Job ID 851780BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
The goals of Disney Special Activities remain unchanged since that time - to provide the perfect Disney experience, family vacation or visit. Disney Special Activities is charged with delivering an experience that is customized to the ambition, arranged on the schedule of and completely in tune with the VIP Guest.
The Disney Special Activities Guest Experience Manager will lead an expert team of hourly professionals and manage a holistic operation created to ensure that Disney Special Activities, VIP Tour Services is the ultimate way to experience all the magic Walt Disney World has to offer.
The candidate will be a seasoned operator of guest facing resort or park operations areas. Candidate must provide leadership clarity, unity and agility while maintaining luxury level experiences for internal and external Guests of TWDC.
- Oversee and operate with a tenured guest facing, operational leadership style that is ready for the progressive, fast paced growth of Disney Special Activities which will specifically focus on Private Tours and it’s expanding portfolio.
- You will produce results in both Guest and Project facing capacities.
- You will lead, develop and manage the excellent services and operations demanded by retail and corporate VIPs of Disney Parks, East Coast, including a fleet of 140+ vehicles.
- You will integrate with park and resort operators and various levels of the enterprise.
- You are responsible for setting the direction, mentoring and development as well as general employment of 150+ hourly Disney Cast Members who function as WDW VIP Tour Guides at Disney Parks and Coordinator staff.
- You are charged with ensuring that the WDW VIP Tour Guides, Executive Transportation Hosts and DSA Coordinators of the office operation deliver an amazing Guest experience, while setting a rewarding and connective cast culture. This will be achieved by electronic and personal connection directly with Guide and Guest. Must be out in the field with the Guest experience and ready to respond to Guest needs both remotely at corporate offices, and in the park and resort environment.
- You will integrate and operationalize a safety sensitive workplace with base understanding of DOT Compliance and regulation.
- You will be savvy in guest satisfaction measures, and able to provide personalized service, anticipate needs and focus on the details of a VIP experience.
- You will take ownership of Guest requests holistically - delivering unforgettable Disney experiences by proactively being present in the Cast and Guest experience.
- While leadership will be trained and must be able to benchmark the operation, this role will not conduct VIP Tours as a WDW VIP Tour Guide. This role will be Cast and Guest focused while peer group may focus on projects, vertical workloads and operational business management. Successful candidates will be operators at heart, and will positively grow and impact business and cast cultures.
- You will report to the Manager of Private Tours.
- 3 + years park operations, Guest facing experience
- Knowledge of The Hub, MyTime, Siebel, NewKnowledge, Lilo, Guest Service Suite, MyMagic+, CastAPP and SnAPP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications, notably Office 365
- Proficient in Apple software applications, specifically iPhones and iOS based technology
- Receptive to a climate controlled office environment, but also to being outside (including inclement weather) for large portions of the operational day
- Full scheduling availability, including holidays, weekends and nights, with spans of day that start in the early AM through the last closing park’s latest nighttime spectacular
- Valid Driver's license, with three years minimum driving experience in the United States of America
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Hospitality, Business Administration or other related fields of study
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.