Already applied?View Dashboard
Health Services AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 737152BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products,Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 01/14/2020
The work environment is a fast-paced Occupational Health Clinic Environment with nurses, physicians, medical assistants who work in a close, collaborative style.
The physical demands and working conditions require frequent walking, standing, squatting, sitting and lifting (less than 25 lbs.) throughout the shift; Occasional stooping and bending; and frequent fine fingering/handling/reaching (side, overhead, low).
This position REQUIRES working weekends.
The Assistant will serve as a primary resource for the completion of daily tasks associated with administration of the front desk function, as well as patient discharge.
- Ensure Disney safety standards are maintained and impediments to safety are removed
- Assist in the collection of customer service feedback and report to leadership accordingly
- Advance concerns to leadership for timely resolution and follow-up
- Participate and perform general administrative duties as outlined below
- Handle large volume of incoming calls and inquiries triaging as appropriate
FRONT DESK GENERAL DUTIES:
- Provide communication support by answering questions or directing callers appropriately
- Schedule clinic appointments
- Monitor incoming messages and voicemail and provide timely responses to inquiries
- Review and evaluate medical documentation submitted via walk-in to ensure completeness; Ensure proper scanning and indexing of all incoming notes and medical documentation received
- Use critical judgment skills to escalate matters of priority
- Update management on patient thru-put, wait times, emergent needs, issue resolution
PATIENT DISCHARGE GENERAL DUTIES:
- Interface with Cast Members in a timely, respectful manner
- Ensure questions are appropriately addressed and responses rendered to inquiries regarding next steps in care treatment
- Interface with external medical providers regarding referrals for diagnostic examination; Specialist, therapeutic and rehabilitative treatment
- Document outcome(s) in electronic medical record system
- Ensures timely discharge for patients by printing and providing appropriate paperwork and next step directions to Cast Members
- Use critical judgment skills to escalate barriers to Provider team for efficient resolution
- Demonstrated proficiency in general administrative activities and job duties
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in general office programs and equipment
- Positive team player with an enthusiastic attitude and a strong service orientation
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service, time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with management team in the completion of business goals and strategies
- Flexible work schedule including working evenings, weekends, Holidays and occasional overtime
- Two years experience in the healthcare industry or related field and/or experience in fast-pace medical office or similar environment
- Prior experience in working with an EMR or Health Management System
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Program Suite
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College degree
- Florida state drivers license
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.