Hourly Animal Keeper - Ituri ForestApply NowApply Later Job ID 773474BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 09, 2021
- Maintain the care, well-being, management, behavioral conditioning and enrichment of Ituri Forest collection which includes; Black Rhino, Okapi, Nile Hippo, Bongo, Kudu, Nile Crocodile, Pink-backed Pelicans and Saddle-billed Storks.
- Ensure the daily routines of cleaning, animal observation, diet preparation and reporting medical needs and abnormal conditions to Zoological Managers.
- Maintain daily records, collecting and logging information and ensuring this information is communicated to management and the central animal record keeping system.
- The work includes physical labor in ambient outdoor temperatures and weather conditions in Central Florida, which may include extreme heat and humidity. A practical understanding of operant conditioning is desired. Keepers are part of the area animal team and must work in a team environment. Keepers also work with maintenance, operation managers, horticulture, veterinary staff, educators and scientists. Keepers also provide animal information and conservation messages through guest and cast interaction.
- You may require working a variety of shifts including early morning start times (5AM) or late evening ending times (12AM).
- Work with maintenance, operation managers, horticulture, veterinary staff, educators and scientists
- Provide animal information and conservation messages through guest and cast interaction.
- Minimum of one year paid animal husbandry experience in an AZA accredited facility or institution with comparable standards
- Experience working with different taxa with an emphasis on operant conditioning.
- Observation, evaluation and data collecting skills.
- Experience applying operant conditioning techniques in the field.
- You will work in a large team environment
- Guest focus.
- Must meet all requirements to promote our premium guest experience.
- Experience working with Black rhino, Okapi, Nile hippo, Bongo, Kudu, Nile crocodile, Pink-backed pelicans, Saddle-billed storks or similar species.
Required EducationHigh school degree or equivalent plus a minimum of either:
- One year paid experience as a keeper in a AZA accredited institution, or in an institution with equivalent standards, and/or at least two years of verifiable college course work (60 semester hours).
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Zoology or related field.
- Two years of verifiable college course work (60 semester hours).
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.