HR Decision Scientist (PH)
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 692663BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 07/08/2019
Job Summary:HR Decision Scientist
The HR Decision Science (HRDS) team supports clients across The Walt Disney Company, including Media Networks (e.g., ABC, ESPN, FX); Parks, Experiences and Products (e.g., Walt Disney World, Disney Vacation Club, Disney Cruise Line); Studio Entertainment (e.g., Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm Ltd., 20th Century Fox; and Direct-to-Consumer and International (e.g., Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu).
HRDS leverages a blend of data, technology, analytics, and storytelling to help these diverse groups excel at human capital management. We are a team of high-performing problem solvers and subject matter experts, dedicated to providing data-driven HR strategies and recommendations to support the business and our workforce of more than 200,000 employees.
The HR Decision Scientist position is an ideal fit for someone whose natural curiosity is matched by a passion for working with data. Candidates should be self-motivated, adaptable, and proactive problem solvers who are comfortable with end-to-end project ownership—from data collection and cleaning, to model building, to tailoring a presentation of results to diverse audiences.
- Proactively identify analytical opportunities to solve key business issues and/or support strategies
- Consult with clients across the organization, translating high-level business objectives into analytical solutions that deliver clear, actionable insights
- Construct complex data sets and measures to be used in analyses that drive business decisions
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop analytical solutions
- Create accurate, sustainable statistical algorithms and machine learning processes that support HR business processes, tools, or products
- Synthesize analytical output and findings for storytelling and decision making
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Analytics / Business Analytics or a related field
- 5+ years of analytical work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with SAS, SQL, and/or R
- Deep understanding of data infrastructures and how to connect / build data tables
- Solid knowledge of statistical methods, forecasting, and model building
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication
- Exceptional storytelling / presentation-building skills, including the ability to simplify statistical concepts into easily understood and executable insights
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple priorities
How You Can Stand Out:
- Advanced degree (Master’s or above) in Organizational Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Analytics / Business Analytics, or a related field
- Experience with leading others
- Proven experience with and strong understanding of advanced analytical methods
- Experience with HR / employee data
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau and/or Cognos
- 4+ years’ experience with SAS tools (e.g., Base, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner)
- 4+ years’ experience with SQL
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.