Already applied?View Dashboard
Industrial Engineer - Multiple LevelsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 454636BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 06/07/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Disney Parks and Resorts Industrial Engineering team applies a comprehensive set of Industrial Engineering techniques (e.g., statistics, simulation) to conduct highly-complex business analysis, particularly in the areas of operational planning support, capacity/demand analysis, and productivity/process improvement. Industrial Engineers communicate results and recommendations to senior leadership through verbal presentations and written reports.
- Consult with clients to improve business results through operational planning support, capacity/demand analysis and productivity/process improvement
- Apply Industrial Engineering techniques (e.g. statistics, simulation, forecasting, optimization) to solve complex business problems
- Conduct field studies and data collection efforts in support of sophisticated modeling and analysis
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior leadership through verbal presentations and written reports
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
Basic QualificationsWe will be interviewing talent from within this pool to fill Associate Industrial Engineer, Industrial Engineer and Sr. Industrial Engineer level positions. These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for these positions:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of applied experience.
- Experience conducting field studies/data collection efforts and analyses, including familiarity with capacity/demand analysis and modeling techniques.
- Demonstrated superior analytical ability, conceptual thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to partner with others to handle multiple priorities in a challenging operational environment.
- Demonstrated strong consulting skills and experience with consulting or quality improvement teams.
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets, databases, statistical and graphics software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under changing conditions.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 2-4 years of applied experience
- Broad understanding of The Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Business or equivalent.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.