Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Industrial Engineering Co-op/Internship: Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524280BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/06/2018
Industrial Engineering Co-op/Internship
Company Overview: At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Department Overview: Want to be part of a world-class organization, learning new skills that you can apply in the “real world”? How about free admission to theme parks and all the shopping and restaurants you can get your hands on? If this doesn't sound like your typical Industrial Engineering position, that’s because it’s not! Our program is designed to develop you professionally and increase your practical knowledge of the many operating areas within the Company. You will have a wide range of opportunities to provide analytic and consulting support to various lines of business including Merchandise, Attractions, and Entertainment. It may even serve as a springboard in launching a successful career. You will have the opportunity to network and learn from other Industrial Engineers and make friendships that cover the globe.
- Conduct Industrial Engineering analysis projects, particularly in operational planning support, workload planning and forecasting, capacity utilization, and productivity/process improvements
- Ensure the appropriate methodology, measurements, tools and quantitative techniques (e.g. data collection, computer simulation, statistics, process flow analysis, etc.) are applied in projects
- Lead and participate in team efforts and work on projects which require interfacing with all levels of cast and management
Basic QualificationsThese are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Prior related work experience, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on problem solving
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Willingness to learn new software applications
- For co-ops: ability to work multiple, rotating terms from 4-6 months in duration
Required EducationThese are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Industrial Engineering or related program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript. Please, no rounding.)
- The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are August 2018 to December 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: For positions based in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, a limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)
- Select document type of “Transcript"