Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Industrial Engineering Operations Research Internship:Fall 2017Apply Now Job ID 434523BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts Job Posting Area Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 03/20/2017
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
- Conduct Operations Research analysis, leveraging optimization, simulation, forecasting, or data mining methodologies
- See your project through from start to finish, including scoping, executing, and presenting your results
- Lead and participate in team efforts and work on projects which require interfacing with clients and other analysts
Basic QualificationsWhat you Bring to this Role:
- Experience with at least one Operations Research software package (e.g., SAS, CPLEX, GAMS, SQL, Python)
- Willing to learn new software applications
- Experience with analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Experience with VBA, Arena or Tableau
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Enrolled in a graduate degree program (or as a senior undergraduate) studying Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Data Science or a related field
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript. Please, no rounding.)
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are August to December 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)
- Select document type of “Transcript"