Interior DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 3004933520220925 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jan. 26, 2023
The Interior Design Studio is responsible for interior spaces in our theme parks, hotels and cruise lines. The scope of work encompasses conceptual design through contract documentation and field administration. Also included in the scope of work is specifications of material and furnishing.
You will report to the Manager, Interior Design
- Provide support to various projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation.
- Provide design documentation in the form of graphic illustration, imagery boards, color renderings, and research and documentation on assigned projects.
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation, including color & material design and documentation, basic CAD support, and FF&E design and specifications
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- Working knowledge and experience in the practice of interior design.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in problem solving
- Demonstrated proficiency in CADD and digital illustration tools such as Creative Suite, Illustrator, and SketchUp
- No professional licensure is required, but should be working towards passing NCIDQ exam for certification
- A degree from an accredited interior design program
- 4 year degree from an accredited interior design program
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About The Walt Disney Company
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. #DPEPFLA
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.