Inventory ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10010602 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Revenue Management and Analytics (RM&A) team supports clients across The Walt Disney Company in the core competencies of yield management, inventory management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing and optimization. Key partners to the RM&A organization include Marketing, Finance, Business Development, Research and Operations. Roles within RM&A develop, analyze, and execute strategies to maximize profitability and improve the value proposition for our Guests, Cast Members and Shareholders.
The Resorts Revenue Management team is seeking a dynamic leader who is passionate about delivering quality results and has a strong entrepreneurial spirit. This leader should be highly strategic and have the ability to seamlessly transition between complex analytical work and fast paced evolving business needs. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Inventory Management and will have up to five direct reports.
- Lead a team of Inventory Analysts with the goal of maximizing the overall resort profitability and meeting guest preferences
- Work with Yield Management to develop close-in selling strategies
- Understand all outside factors such as economic, marketing, sales and pricing strategies that may drive a need to influence the methodology of room inventory management
- Act as the subject matter expert in Inventory Management and be able to help train and develop other members of the team
- Maintain strong partnerships with Resort General Managers, Pricing, Forecasting, Marketing, Facility Asset Management, Work Force Management, Operations Measurement, Groups Sales and Resorts Line of Business to develop strategies in line with the goals of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Identify opportunities for product, and process improvement, with a focus on driving significant revenue growth
- Leverage data visualization techniques and communication skills to present complex findings in clear business terms that facilitate acceptance and execution by business partners and senior executives
- Maintain hiring process of Specialists including monitoring and measurement of staffing needs, identification of candidates and making offers.
- At least 5 years professional work experience
- Understanding of concepts related to Resort Operations, Pricing and Revenue Management
- Proven analytical skills with an emphasis on clearly telling a compelling story using data and business insights
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization with confidence, building trust and rapport
- Must be a creative, curious, critical thinker who enjoys process improvement and problem solving
- Proven ability to partner well with both technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Previous leadership experience of salaried and O&T positions
- Proven ability to gather and analyze data leveraging tools such as SAS/SQL, or a similar toolset
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Knowledge of the WDP&R sales composite including Travel Box and DREAMS
- Understanding of revenue management concepts (i.e. dilution, displacement, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to collect and analyze resorts booking data
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.