Inventory SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 873522BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 10/12/2021
- Balance market knowledge and company goals, employ strategies within the Revenue Management value streams of upgrading and overbooking within the room inventory management process.
- Optimizing Walt Disney World room inventory by utilizing new and existing technologies to strategically blocking reservations and maximizing overall resort utilization.
- Provide reporting support and exception requests for Resort Operations and Revenue Management teams.
- Utilize optimization models to determine blocking accuracy.
- Exhibits computer expertise within Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to learn new computer software quickly
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and continuous improvement process skills
- Established effective organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proven experience communicating to multiple levels in an organization
- Capability to prioritize multiple tasks and critically think through complex situations
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule, including second shift, weekends and holidays
- Resort operations or reservation call center experience
- Experience with LILO, DREAMS, DVC Corporate (AS400Z) and TravelBox Systems
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Proven experience and strong understanding of Disney Vacation Club (DVC)
- Demonstrated strong expertise with MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with SQL and Tableau
Required EducationAssociates Degree or equivalent
Preferred EducationBachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Business Analytics or equivalent
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.