IoT Hardware Engineer Internship - Orlando, Summer 2020
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 710102BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 07, 2020
Job Summary:At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Disney Parks, Experience and Product (DPEP) Technology & Digital organization combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. Being a part of this team means helping create world-class immersive online and mobile experiences — from one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems; from FastPass and PhotoPass products to cutting-edge applications to ensure we have proper inventory of merchandise stocked in our Parks — at DPEP Tech & Digital, you really get to see it all.
DPEP Tech & Digital seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering quality products and enjoy working closely with partners on both strategic and tactical challenges across a vast portfolio of businesses
The IoT Hardware Engineer will have exposure to a variety of technologies including but not limited to IoT sensors, RF communications, field and lab testing of IoT solutions. This intern should have or be in the process of learning and applying related development technologies
- Perform RF performance and battery life testing by using standard lab equipment to test IoT sensor characteristics.
- Perform RF field surveys.
- Assist with sensor installation in the field
- Create sensor dashboards for IoT use cases
- Documentation of processes, tests and results
- Assist with any projects that the team is working on
- Experience with electronics & sensor lab and field testing, validation and installation
- Coursework in RF principles or exposure to RF equipment, testing, measurements
- Experience with electronics, engineering and hardware/software
- Ability to follow existing programming and style guidelines to maintain consistent quality of code
- Ability to maintain documentation, procedures and working instructions for the operations team
- Shows initiative in constantly reassessing business needs and makes suggestions that meet those needs proactive
- Experience with IoT in Hackathons or on personal projects
- Experience with various sensors based on microcontroller or modules
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and platforms, mobile development, AWS a plus
- Experience with embedded languages like assembly, C, C++, C#
- Amazon Web Services experience
Preferred EducationJunior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.