Labor Relations ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 781767BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 16, 2021
- Foster an inclusive working environment that promotes authenticity and diversity of thought
- Challenge the status quo; pursue different approaches to our work by demonstrating flexibility and transparency
- Develop strong relationships with clients and union counterparts
- Continue education and research of current Labor Relations and employment law trends
- Administer and interpret multiple collective bargaining agreements, including providing support on day to day consultations and grievances, arbitrations and effects bargaining
- Responsible for timely and accurate archiving of day to day consultations, grievances, arbitrations, charges and effects bargaining via a case management system
- Identify and escalate root-cause issues risk factors that emerge through consultations, grievances, effects bargaining, negotiations and charges
- Develop strategic Company positions/arguments related to drafting responses to governmental agencies (e.g., EEOC, NLRB, etc.)
- Support negotiations planning, bargaining and contract implementation
- Represent Labor Relations on project management initiatives and manage project deliverables
- Participate in developing and implementing team projects as assigned
- Understanding of all aspects of labor and human resources related laws and regulations including but not limited to the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), Title VII, ADA, ADAAA, ADEA, FMLA & state/local laws and ordinances
- 3-7 years of experience in Labor Relations, Human Resources, or equivalent (e.g. negotiations preparation, bargaining, implementation and administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements)
- Ability to articulate perspective and influence via effective verbal and written communication skills to peers and leaders
- Solid technical business writing skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Facilitate training courses and lead meetings
- Proficient in technology and use of case management systems. For example: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and project management systems
- Leadership Experience or Equivalent
- Negotiating and collective bargaining experience in employment sectors representing service/hospitality, entertainment, craft maintenance, security or transportation operations
- Hummingbird, SAP and/or Workday experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in field of Industrial Labor Relations, Labor Law or equivalent
- Law or Advanced degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.