Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Labor Relations Professional Internship (Anaheim) - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 714045BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Anaheim, California, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Dec. 31, 2019
Labor Relations Internship Spring 2020
Labor Relations and oversee the administration of all collective bargaining agreements, including all aspects of the grievance process and effects bargaining. As a member of the Labor Relations team you are expected to work with our business partners and team across Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
Responsibilities:Make an Impact by…..
- Aiding and observing Collective Bargaining Grievances in all stages
- Conducting research for the Labor Relations team at all three levels:
- Walt Disney World Labor Relations
- Disneyland Resort Labor Relations
- Segment Labor Relations
- Working with the Labor Relations team and Labor & Employment Law attorneys on preparation and briefs for arbitrations
- Working on a wide variety of Labor Relations projects, committees and labor task forces
- Engaging in Collective Bargaining Negotiations and Mediation
- Interacting with Union Business Agents, cast members and Leaders
Basic Qualifications:What you Bring to the Role...
- Current Junior/Senior earning College/University degree in Industrial Labor Relations
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as telephone etiquette skills
- Demonstrated strong research skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Willingness to learn new software applications
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict/resolution
- Motivated to learn
- High energy
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This internship is located in Anaheim, California.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.