Lead Cyber Security Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 752333BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 07, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
As a Lead Security Engineer, you will identify, evaluate and implement cloud security solutions on a variety of data platforms, native frameworks and technologies. You will help ensure integrity, security, availability, effectiveness, and efficiency of technology infrastructure, including middleware, networks and communications. You will understand the business, customer & market requirements and apply technical and functional knowledge to solve security problems for both on premise and cloud.
Responsibilities:The Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for designing, building, and implementing enterprise-class security solutions and controls in production cloud environments. The Cloud Security Engineer creates deployable solutions that balance business requirements with information security requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop guidelines and review security configurations related to AWS / Azure / Google Cloud deployments and common web application frameworks
- Designing, planning, and implementing security tools, controls, policies, and processes
- Utilize experiences in AWS, Azure or Google cloud environments to assist developer teams in efforts to maintain the security of environments throughout deployment
- Support the administration and management of native cloud security services and other solutions that are deployed to secure cloud infrastructure
- Serve as an escalation path for team members to trouble shoot security related inquiries
- Shape, implement, code and evangelize your data security architecture.
- Architect around cloud provider limitations to implement secure data solutions.
- Ensure the security architecture supports all functional and non-functional requirements
- Establish, implement and carry out white hat testing protocols for the organization
- Responsible for design, implementation, and testing of all cloud IAM policies with least rights
- Develop and execute test plans to check security infrastructure deltas; implement services to detect and roll back unauthorized changes
- Timely resolution of vulnerabilities through patching or re-engineering open source components and coordinate fixes back into the open source community.
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference security architectures, that can be used by our organization to assist in deploying cloud-based data solutions
- 8+ years of relevant IT Experience
- 2+ years implementing complex AWS IAM Policies.
- 2+ years of implementing least right security controls on AWS.
- Strong understanding of AWS IAM/STS technologies and their limitations. Ability to write, test, and create CICD pipelines to deploy policies
- Strong conceptual understanding of security at rest and in transit. Familiar with the mechanics of implementing various cyphers and algorithms.
- Passionate about delivering platform technologies and features in a team environment even if the team size is 1.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly ramp on new technologies.
- Troubleshooting skills, ability to determine impacts, ability to resolve complex issues, and ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative in stressful situations.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Docker, Hashicorp Vault desired
- Experience with Terraform, Chef, Python, Java, Kerberos desired
- Experience working in a Linux environment such as Red Hat, CentOS or Ubuntu
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Approaches
- Familiarity with Data Analysis or Statistics, and some data wrangling (programmatically extracting databases, transforming data, modeling it in readable form, etc) with respect to analyzing security information.
- AWS/Cloud Provider/Security Certifications
- General understanding of global privacy laws surrounding PII and Biometric data in computer vision (examples as GDPR, Cali/Illinois/FL Biometric Laws).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.