Lead Data Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 773182BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 17, 2021
Job Summary:“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Lead DS&E Engineer will create data, reporting, and analytics solutions using batch-oriented and real-time streaming data pipelines inside AWS and other cloud environments. A person in this role will create new data workloads/applications, and also migrate applications from On-Premise Ecosystem to Cloud Data lakes. Implements, troubleshoots, and optimizes distributed solutions based on modern big data technologies like SQL, S3, Glue, MSK, Starburst Presto, Snowflake, Redshift, etc. to solve large scale processing problems in a Cloud DW environment. Designs syndicated and curated data views that will be used for reporting, analytics, and advanced applications. Apply technical expertise and mathematical concepts to challenging programming, design, and machine learning problems. Technical solutions are focused on the Media and Entertainment domain, specifically in Theme Park Ticketing and Resorts. Strong communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills, including the ability to work effectively in an agile / scrum environment.
- Design and develop production grade syndicated and curated data views, assist with architecture decisions, deployment and feedback.
- Design and develop data pipelines in the AWS cloud environment
- Able to debug and troubleshoot across broad technical stack
- Product ownership and strong business support in theme park ticketing space
- Working with a variety of business partner groups across Disney Parks and Resorts to implement optimal technical solutions
- Provide data and system analysis needed for feature engineering on Machine Learning initiatives
- 2+ years of experience with Python development.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS S3, Glue, MSK, Redshift, Spark, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in software development in an agile environment.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL.
- 5+ years of experience working in large Data Warehousing environments
- Mathematical background relevant to Machine Learning concepts
- Production experience with DevOps Tools like: Terraform, Chef, Anisle, Docker, Jenkins.
- Strong conceptual understanding of security at rest and in transit for big data pipelines.
- Troubleshooting skills, ability to determine impacts, ability to resolve complex issues, and ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative in stressful situations.
- Conceptual understanding of NoSQL databases, and ability to drive insights from unstructured data formats.
- Strong domain knowledge of ticketing and entitlement systems. Hands-on experience with architecture, design, data models, eventing infrastructure, and implementation details
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Distributed Computing, Machine Learning, Mathematics or related field
Additional Information:This position is with the legal entity of Disney Parks Experiences and Products LLC, an equal opportunity employer.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.