Lead Snowflake Architect
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 821482BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jul. 15, 2021
Job Summary:The Data Science and Engineering team at Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products has end-to-end responsibility for building, enhancing, and maintaining data, analytics and machine learning platforms used by a large community of users (business analysts, app/site developers, product and business teams, etc.) within DPECP and across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC).
As a Lead Data Engineering Architect, you'll design automated, highly available, and elegant solutions for Big Data platforms including Snowflake and AWS data services . This position will report to Data Platform Technical Manager
- Help with platform administration and support to user base
- Manage inventory of software and licenses for multiple systems and users
- Improve our platform and products
- Foster and develop relationships and trust with business/technical partners across DPECP and TWDC
- Lead prioritized timed sensitive efforts by aligning in understanding and delivering business/technical needs
- Lead efforts in using agile methodologies best practices and tools
- Analyze market through research and evaluation of COTS products. Fostering key industry and academic partnerships according to the product roadmap.
- Create, execute, and maintain well-defined technical support processes for Data Warehouse and Query Federation products.
- Drive engineering excellence through high availability, scalability, security and automation.
- Expert level knowledge in a large Data Warehouse like Snowflake, Teradata, Redshift, or BigQuery
- Experience designing automated pipelines using AWS cloud technologies
- Excellent English skills as they will frequently speak to our customers.
- Experience in database security architecture including row-level security, data encryption, SSO, MFA, etc.
- Proficient in AWS cloud technology and data services
- Proficient server operating system administration
- Proficient in SQL
- 5+ years experience in Big Data Platform management
- 5+ years experience writing SQL queries
- 1+ years in AWS cloud technology and data services
- 3+ years experience in operating high availability systems.
- Familiarity with data security and privacy regulations.
- Comfortable with both technical and business responsibilities, you will work with engineers, data scientists, operations managers and business masterminds to build products and provide solutions
- Compelling storytelling
- A leader with vision, discipline, and passion
- Experience administering a large-scale Data Warehouse
- Experience building data pipelines
- Familiar with Query Federation solutions like Trino, Presto, Athena, and Starburst
- Familiar with BI consumption tools like Tableau, Business Objects, SAS, and MicroStrategy
- Skills in coding languages like Java and Python
- Experience deploying AWS Infrastructure with Cloud Formation and/or Terraform
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or relevant work experience
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.