Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 772509BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 11, 2021
Job Summary:As Lead Machine Learning Engineer, you will design and develop custom data pipelines working within various Cloud providers. You will be designing and creating new data workloads for Cloud Data lakes. You will implement, troubleshoot, and optimize solutions based on modern cloud technologies. Ensure proper security, design, coding standards and policies are followed. Apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems. Strong communication, interpersonal and team skills, including the ability to work effectively in an agile environment. Demonstrated interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Provide technical guidance and act as a point of escalation for large cloud projects
- Develop reusable patterns and frameworks as part of the engineering process
- Design and engineer high-performance/large scale AI/ML and automation capability within projects that conform to existing software practices to produce maintainable code, automated testing, continuous integration, etc.
- Work with the business to optimize AI/ML algorithms, data transformations, data presentation, etc.
- Engage with various stakeholders to help drive AI/ML strategies and identify business problems that can be solved creatively utilizing data and AI/ML
- Oversee operational support and maintenance of products and services
- Ability to educate the organization on new approaches on testing hypotheses and statistical validation
- Ability to lead discovery processes with stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcomes
- Ability to mentor to junior team members
- Coordinate and collaborate with offshore teams
Basic Qualifications:Basic knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
- 5 or more years of experience with AWS Cloud Technologies
- 3 or more years of experience with Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning experience
- Ability to perform across multiple phases of development for multiple complex projects, including technical design, build, and end-to-end testing.
- Strong understanding and experience in the following areas:
- Python, Java, SQL, Spark, Shell
- Snowflake, Athena, Hive, Presto, Flink, RedShift, Maria, NoSQL
- VPC, S3, EC2, Lambda, SNS, SQS, RDS, EMR, Nifi, Glue, Batch, Step Functions
- Kafka, AKS, Kinesis Streams, Kinesis Firehose, Spark Streaming
- Docker, Kubernetes, ECR/ECS
- Cloud Watch, CodeBuild
- IAM roles, KMS, Kerberos
- Terraform, Cloud Formation
- TensorFlow, Rekognition
- Expert skills in data analysis and data mining
- Experience with project testing, implementation, and deployment activities across multiple, cross-functional teams.
- AWS Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science or 10 years of relevant experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.