Lead Mobile Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10041446 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 06, 2023
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products (DPEP) Technology & Digital. And it permeates everything we do. As a Lead Mobile Software Developer at Disney, you will be a part of the core team that builds the application platform for Disney mobile clients. The apps are used directly by park Guests to enhance and guide their visits to the park and make their experience as magical as possible.
As a Lead Mobile Software Developer, you will manage individual mobile projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables, and will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and enhancing mobile software solutions. You will be working in an Agile environment, partnering with cross-functional teams to define new mobile product requirements, features, and functionality. In this lead level capacity, you will be expected to both act autonomously for day-to-day activities and guide engineers in their day-to-day activities.
- Design and develop mobile solutions for software fixes and new features using test-driven development.
- Analyze user stories, provide realistic estimations, and participate in sprint planning, scrums, demos, and retrospectives.
- Create detailed mobile development documentation and assign tasks to team members.
- Create pull requests and perform code reviews for peers and related teams.
- Track and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure that mobile software and services are performing well.
- Write unit and UI tests for mobile code.
- Build well-designed, well-engineered, stable, performant mobile applications using Flutter, Swift, Kotlin, and/or Java.
- Mentor and guide other team members to provide oversight and direction.
- Recommend improvements to mobile architectures, processes, technologies, and coding practices that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Strong ability to maintain focus and problem solve in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working with cross-functional teams.
- Understand the company's architectural vision and how it helps meet technical and business objectives.
- 10+ years of mobile development experience.
- Experience working in an Agile team consisting of product managers, project managers, design, QA, and tech.
- Strong knowledge of mobile development, design principles, patterns, and best practices related to application development concepts, designs, and architectures.
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with senior leaders, technical colleagues, and partners across various locations and time zones.
- Experience in optimizing software performance, including app sizing, memory usage, CPU, and scaling.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, passion for consumer software.
- Experience leading teams, providing architectural and technical directions.
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of unit testing and continuous integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the software development field.
- Possess mentoring and guidance skills to provide technical leadership to contractors and cast members.
- Basic understanding of server-side architecture, services, networking requests, and real-time services.
- Code samples in Github.
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development.
- Experience developing applications using Flutter is a plus.
- JIRA and Confluence knowledge.
- Experience shipping at least one mobile application.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.