Lead Performance Engineer (Software Performance Engineering)
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 770963BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 17, 2020
Job Summary:The Lead QA Performance Engineer is a senior software development resource that is highly skilled with development languages and coding practices such that they can design, develop, review, validate, and optimize software solutions in a way that ensures that delivered products and services are performant, scalable and reliable regardless of the volume of transactions or execution concurrency that is expected. In addition to code review and optimization, this role also performs performance and chaos testing tasks, creates/updates automation scripts as required, and contributes to the design, delivery, and support of department related custom software and tools. This engineer is the primary contact for any DPEP Technology & Digital delivery studio for triage and resolution of performance or stability issues in production and development.
- Designs distributed, internet scale solutions that prevent service disruptions.
- Develops custom software solutions in alignment with assigned stories.
- Performs code and documentation reviews and provides documented feedback on code quality, performance limiters, and adherence to best practices
- Performs quality assurance activities and develops bug fixes.
- Follows QA processes, standards, and best practices to test and implement.
- Participates in the evaluation of software according to specific guidelines and protocols.
- Analyzes data requirements for application performance/scalability.
- Evaluates test executions that do not meet performance or scalability targets and provides corrective measures to the development and support teams to correct.
- Writes defect reports and performs triage of performance defects.
- Assists in the creation of test strategy and plans for performance, high availability, monitoring of environment validation.
- Participates in developing and executing automation of manual processes
- Creates an automation test plan for specific features or disciplines within a solution, in alignment with the overall strategy.
- Is able to understand and analyze automation requirements, and develop and execute automated test script to satisfy solution requirements.
- Captures and analyzes results; reports metrics.
- Conducts POCs and viability analysis on technology solutions.
- Communicates with internal, and sometimes external, organizations regarding test or evaluation results; may partner with engineering teams to interpret feedback and integrate into product iterations.
- Assists in the resolution of problems, and in root cause determination and future prevention strategy and design documentation.
- Ten or more years of experience in software development and/or performance assurance testing.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering tools and processes, automation, testing frameworks and consumer-facing applications.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Eclipse, Git
- APM Tools – Dynatrace or AppDynamics, Sitescope
- Log Analysis - Splunk, ELK
- Data Visualization – Kibana, Grafana
- jMeter – Scripting and Execution
- Chaos Monkey
- Yourkit, VisualVM, Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles Proxy
- Agile Methodology - Jira
- Software development technologies (web servers, web scripting languages, multi-tier architectures).
- Databases – Oracle, MariaDB, MSSQL, Mongo and DynamoDB
- Node, Angular
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar field or related work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.