Lead QA Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 733460BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 08, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
Responsibilities:This Lead Quality Engineer position is responsible for having a strong focus leading a product from conception to delivery quickly and efficiently with a high level of quality and polish. There is a high expectation on designing and developing manual and automated test solutions to verify and validate functionality, performance, stability and usability of critical software systems developed by the Engineering team. This includes leading efforts related to software testing, scripting, writing and the execution of test plans and test cases. This also includes strong communication out to all teams on the status of testing and working closely with external development and QA teams. Details of these responsibilities are listed below:
- Utilize existing or establish repeatable quality engineering processes that can be measured and optimized.
- Provide estimates of testing efforts and capacity planning in an agile environment
- Establish and optimize resource plans
- Provide timely and regular reporting on test preparation and execution progress
- Surface and drive to resolution risks and issues, escalating to leadership when appropriate
- Lead local and geographically distributed team members, ensuring thorough communication of expectations
- Leverage standard tools like Jira, Microfocus ALM, and VersionOne to plan, execute, record, and report out on quality engineering activities
- Establish and oversee an effective defect management process
- Establish and enforce quality gates to drive solution quality
- Drive the effective use of functional test automation throughout the delivery pipeline
- Communicate release status to the project stakeholders and executives
- Mentors team members in the agile, automation, and CI/CD space.
- Partners with cross-discipline peers to improve the software development process
- 5+ years of working in agile software development
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance
- 3+ years of experience leading software quality projects
- 2+ years of experience writing or executing automated test cases
- Experience leading distributed teams with remote or offshore teams
- Experience leading test efforts on multiple web browsers (including mobile web), operating systems (Mac OS, Windows, Safari, Chrome, Firefox) and native mobile application platforms (iOS, Android)
- Clear communicator (written and verbal)
- Ability to lead and drive a team to meet deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
- Deep understanding and experience with different techniques for testing software.
- Ability to lead a team with open and collaborative style of communications.
- Familiarity establishing automated testing frameworks with tools such as Selenium, Appium, Node.js, or Cucumber
- Passion for software quality and for advancing testing as an engineering discipline.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment strategies (CI/CD pipeline)
- A passion for technology!
- Bachelors in Technology or equivalent degree.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.