Lead Security Specialist
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 662157BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 24/04/2019
- Evaluate, provide guidance, and test application security for projects to ensure external regulations and internal policies protecting personal information are met throughout the data life cycle. Areas of focus include but are not limited to: encryption of personal information at-rest and in-transit; secure transmission, storage and retrieval of personal information; and redaction of personal information based on defined retention period.
- Evaluate application compliance with information security policies and standards and prepare appropriate documentation.
- Evaluate third party service provider compliance with information security policies and standards and prepare appropriate documentation.
- Provide oversight of security remediation projects ensuring timely completion and validation of completion.
- Support the Compliance Team on all internal/external audit engagements for all in scope applications.
- Work closely with business partners, key stakeholders, and internal departments to evaluate current and future security and compliance strategies.
- Execute security strategies, evaluating efforts to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization's IT Controls.
- Develop execution plans to implement short and long term security goals.
- Stay informed about information security trends, directions, and technologies in the technology industry and identify best practices and/or methodologies to implement in-house.
- Demonstrated experience as security lead responsible for providing expertise on large-scale projects
- 10+ years of related IT experience
- Highly skilled in conducting security assessments across a wide range of technologies
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following areas:
- Penetration testing
- Security engineering
- Incident response (including digital forensics)
- Threat Hunting
- Demonstrated experience in identifying risk and development of mitigation plans
- Demonstrated experience in a security program for a large and complex organization
- Knowledge of security related legislation/regulations with emphasis on privacy and PCI
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with an ability to develop creative alternatives to complex problems, as well as, continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to establish credibility and working relationships with a wide range of personnel, including operations, management, executive, and legal staff
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
- Solid understanding of project management principles, including a demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as part of a high performance team
- Security accreditation (i.e., CISSP, GCIH, or CISM)
- Experience working in a multi-national and multicultural environment.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working for a public company.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
Preferred EducationMaster’s Degree or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.