Lead Site Reliability EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10005864 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Do you want to be part of a team that makes magic in Disney Parks, Experiences and Products? Our SREs provide expert engineering services in cloud automation, and reliability engineering to all of our services that creates magical experiences to our guests. We are passionate about our services running with maximum uptime and minimum latency.
As a Lead engineer, you are looked at by your fellow team members as a ‘go to’ individual and technical mentorship; you are someone who has a clear understanding of, and can thoroughly elaborate on SRE principles and best practices to a given audience. To be successful in this role you will continuously uphold and improve all the relevant reliability aspects for our services, with an increased focus on SLOs, while raising the reliability of a variety of large-scale guest facing and internal services.
- Architect, design and build safe and secure automation for infrastructure and developer enablement following the Disney Security Configuration Standards whilst seeking best practices from other teams
- Develop useful telemetry, alerts, and response to reduce Mean Time To Repair (MTTR);
- Collaborate and provide technical excellence within and across teams;
- Consult on best practices and develop tools to enable smooth adoptions of good service reliability practices and methods;
- Identify areas of improvement in reliability, efficiency, and operations;
- Build tools to help your SRE team quickly pinpoint, isolate and resolve issues related to infrastructure, platform services and applications;
- Continuously refine monitoring processes, configurations, and thresholds;
- Develop runbooks and tools to streamline processes and shorten problem resolution time;
- Write code that improves scalability, performance, maintainability, and security;
- Add, tune and maintain alert configurations and documentation as needed;
- Cultivate full-team participation in high quality, thoughtful software;
- Develop and improve CI/CD processes to improve release cadence and success;
- Use Chaos Engineering principles and methodologies to test what you build under real-world conditions;
- Mentor SREs in technical and non-technical SRE responsibilities;
- Take primary responsibility for large (multi-person) efforts, including planning, execution, and training
- Creative and innovative outside the box thinking
- 7+ years of experience in SRE, devops, technical operations, systems engineering, software engineering or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passionate and curious about ways to leverage technology while continually learning
- Ability to identify root-cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
- Efficiently skilled with the use of containers in enterprise production environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, LXC, AWS ECS and EKS)
- Configuration management and orchestration (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible)
- Comfortable in one or more of the following languages (Python, Java, Scala, Go, Rust, Ruby, or similar)
- Scripting languages like Ruby, Bash, PowerShell or Python;
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS/SaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Compute)
- Hands-on experience using source control (Git, GitHub) and feature branching strategies
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab CI/CD, AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Azure DevOps, Spinnaker)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service;
- Possess expertise in scalable testing, automation, continuous integration frameworks and best practices;
- Experience in SDLC, distributed systems, networking, hardware, logistics and operations or capacity planning;
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and security
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics; or equivalent experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.