Lead Software Engineer, Supply ChainApply NowApply Later Job ID 7107456520220410 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 10, 2023
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join the Warehouse Management Team. You will apply practical knowledge of development and engineering to craft innovative solutions combining Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) applications and purpose built solutions with creativity to produce robust systems that improve all facets of the Cast experience. This role will work with both vendor supported solutions as well as internal applications and technical teams to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies. A successful candidate will be highly collaborative, able to work very optimally in a matrix organization while wearing multiple hats, be successful working autonomously, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality products and applications.
- Owns and leads the development, testing, and deployment of highly innovative, large, intricate software solutions that meet specifications and significantly impact future developments
- Provides technical mentorship, acts as a point of escalation and technical authority for your team providing technical guidance and oversight
- Leads product teams in evaluating applications for suitability to Disney environment and business needs, as well as building applications or components which are robust, fault-tolerant, and cloud native
- Reason logically and creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, and develop effective solutions while applying creative thinking during design and development applications
- Collaborate with fellow engineers to keep the team’s technology radar and architecture principles aligned to the industry and needs of our users
- Leading all aspects of the diagnosis of issues, evaluating and recommending the best resolution plan, and driving completion of that plan. Engaging with managed service providers and vendors to resolve issues, especially in the realm of security
- Leading team members in the delivery of technology solutions which meet business delivery expectations, maintain portfolio currency, and integrate the best engineering practices.
- Working closely with technical and non-technical leaders to strategize on delivery approach and dependency management.
- Ability to lead and build following technical development processes, software engineering standard programming practices and style guidelines to maintain high-quality, secure code.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation, procedures, and work instructions for development or operations team.
- Ensuring a process orientation across the technical/project team, being able to develop, implement and improve processes.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- At least 10+ years of design, architecture, and development experience in highly scalable, software components and client-facing applications, with fours years of validated experience leading technical project teams
- Previous experience with Supply Chain systems, specifically Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- In-Depth understanding of design patterns and modern, highly scalable application development
- Has proven understanding of the software development process, SDLC (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Increasing levels of responsibility in related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, software systems and components and major SaaS solutions
- Ability to craft and update documentation, procedures, and working instructions for the operations team
- Ability to proactively reassess business opportunities and make suggestions to meet those needs
- Knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment.
- Shown proficiency working with and being able be successful in multi-functional project teams of business analysts, developers, tech leads, infrastructure partners, and quality assurance resources across several teams and organizations
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members
- Ability to work with resources across multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
Technical Skills & Experiences:
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming with an understanding of design principles
- Java/J2EE development skills, among mainstream programming languages, with a consistent track record of creating commercial quality software solutions
- Understanding of Agile technical practices, DevOps and testing concepts (CI/CD, TDD)
- Solid understanding of microservices, RESTful Web Services, and APIs
- Middleware familiarity with WebSphere/WebLogic/Apache TomCat, Application Server, Rules Engine, and Oracle programming methodologies
- Solid understanding of both Oracle SQL and Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, GCP
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Scrum Master Certification/ITIL Certification added advantage
- Blue Yonder experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.