Lead Software Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 776351BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 15, 2021
Job Summary:The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for the architecture and design of a large, custom off the shelf application used for various functions in Workforce Management portfolio. The Lead Software Engineer will collaborate with business stakeholders, technology stakeholders, and the 3rd party delivery vendor to agree upon the appropriate solution and technical design to meet business requirements, performance standards, resiliency and availability standards, and security requirements. This will also include estimating, planning and overseeing development activities being executed. The ideal candidate has a proven track-record of integrating complex vendor-hosted SaaS solution.
Responsibilities:The successful candidate requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various hardware, software, and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments, and have experience with highly integrated and mission critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effective for each respective group.
- Design and implementation of SaaS vendor product integration, cloud integration, and application integration
- Coordinate with third party product configurator to oversee SaaS selection, product configuration, customization, and implementation of business features
- Owning and leading large development programs and teams where a project comprises of many components from Ideation through implementation
- Ability to communicate to both technical and business users and the ability to gracefully handle passionate conversations
- Overseeing, influencing and mentoring collaborative project teams, inclusive of on-shore and off-shore development resources, key clients, and other technical groups in the organization
- Leading team members in the delivery of technology solutions which meet business delivery expectations, maintain portfolio currency, and integrate best engineering practices
- Perform code reviews on regular basis and setup best practices
- Providing technical direction and evaluating the quality of deliverables
- Working closely with technical and non-technical leaders to strategize on delivery approach and dependency management
- Participating in the design process of new features and enhancements to the software platform.
- Working independently and delivering on agreed upon timelines
- Strong practice of agile development in a collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and adoption of new technologies
- Ability to create and follow programming and style guidelines to maintain high-quality, secure code
- Deliverables may include sequence diagrams, data flow diagrams, detailed architecture diagrams, estimation worksheets, system context diagrams, logical and physical deployment diagrams, runbooks for production support, and status reports
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience leading software engineering teams in an agile methodology
- Expert level knowledge of Java/JEE/.NET, Restful/SOAP Services, Micro Services, Angular, NodeJS, AWS Cloud, Docker, Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Expert-level knowledge of object-oriented programming with an understanding of design principles
- Progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components and major SaaS solutions
- Experience with event driven architecture, including technologies such as Pub-Sub, Kafka, and similar solutions
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics, and New Relic
- Strong knowledge of Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Strong collaboration and consensus building skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root cause without access to code
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members of the software development team
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Experience in an architecture oversight role for a large custom off the shelf application
- Experience with Workforce Management systems
- Proven experience in Big Data technologies, Machine Learning, Bot Technologies, and data integration between systems and analytics tools
- Database Design Experience including both relational and NoSQL such as DynamoDB
- Architecting cloud-based solutions using managed and serverless technologies as appropriate such as Docker, AWS ECS, Google GKE, Google App Engine, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, AWS DynamoDB, or Google Firestore
- Experience managing automated deployments using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Serverless Framework, or Ansible
- Experience with QA and software analytic tools
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.