Lead Software Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 821490BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 13, 2021
Job Summary:Join a team seeking to transform work at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP). Our new Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Studio seeks experienced Java developers who not only bring an ability to deliver technology based solutions, but also a desire to push the limits of current solutions with the goal of delivering a first-in-class platform empowering all business areas in our segment with capability to automate their work and deliver unparalleled user experiences. You will join a mission driven team where you will not only have the opportunity to shape solutions but also the expectation to shape this team’s solutions and overall direction. If this interests you, we are interested in your application.
- Deliver against requirements and participate in design decisions for our RPA platform consistent with DPEP Technology & Digital coding standards, reference and data architecture guidelines
- Assist with implementation of RPA solutions for business areas
- Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems along with related tracking documentation
- Participate in scrum activities to manage delivery status and assist in overall program continuous improvement
- Contributes and strives to improve overall software delivery quality and automation
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to lead other developers and interface with architects on solution delivery
- Uncompromising dedication to delivering quality, exceedingly well engineered solutions
- 5-10 years of Experience delivering Java based solution in Cloud based environments using Agile and test driven delivery practices
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Strong proficiency at maintaining documentation, and managing enterprise code delivery / migration between environments
- Experience in the management of applications utilizing cloud based infrastructure, lambda implementations, and working with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools e.g. Maven, Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills - should be able to explain the technical aspects to the business and technology executive stakeholders
- Openness to work on new technologies is mandatory with a demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Strong desire to work in highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- Provide feedback on code reviews to both enhance quality of deliverables based on best practices and develop talent of junior developers on team
- Proficiency in Angular, Node, React, Java/J2EE, No-SQL
- Understanding of RPA and software automation frameworks
- Understanding of business process mapping and improvement principles (ex., Lean Six Sigma)
- Strong understanding of cryptography, certificates and security solutions including OAuth, Mutual Auth, Transport and Message level security
- Experience with web services and Open API development and design patterns (SOA, REST, Object Oriented, Java)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Technology Certification e.g. Spring, Enterprise Architect, iOS Developer
- Process Certification e.g. Scrum Master Certification
- Lean Six Sigma training and/or certification
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.