Lead Solution ArchitectApply Now Apply Later Job ID 623595BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Jan. 17, 2019
Job Summary:The Lead Solution Architect is responsible for the solution architecture and design, as well as delivery estimates, for DPECP Technology projects. It is the responsibility of the Lead Solution Architect to coordinate with architects and designers from various disciplines (solution, infrastructure, reference architecture, data/information) to define the most effective solution to business problems, while also leveraging their knowledge of existing systems and services and the capabilities available in the marketplace.
The Lead Solution Architect will also partner with delivery, production support and Shared Services partners (e.g., Global Quality Engineering Infrastructure Engineering, Reference Architecture etc.) to ensure alignment of the solution approach and estimates with each stakeholder. The individual will also work with various business stakeholders in problem solving, creating business capabilities, and defining effective and efficient technology solutions for solving business problems and enabling business capabilities.
The successful candidate requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various hardware, software, and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments, and have experience with highly integrated and mission critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effective for each respective group.
Prior experience in ticketing domain is a plus (desired, not mandatory).
- Coordinate between business and IT stakeholders to develop a solution architecture approach.
- Create delivery estimates based on solution architecture approach.
- Assess market technology choices to determine fit, including software, hardware, SaaS/PaaS, etc.
- Translate complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural designs.
- Coordinate with delivery project managers and business analysts to draft project scope and compile delivery estimates.
- Collaborate with other architecture teams.
- Adapt to a quickly changing environment and interact with a broad customer base with diverse needs and functional responsibilities.
- Be responsible for gaining a deep understanding of the entire WDP&R portfolio of applications and understand the integrations between them.
- Develop End-to-End proof of concepts for the proposed solution as needed.
- Develop roadmaps for the existing portfolio of applications to help ensure we are moving toward a consolidated footprint of technologies that align with the reference architecture.
- Play a key role in working with the Reference Architecture organization to define current and future needs
- Be a champion for helping ensure other solution architects and delivery teams are moving as aggressively as possible toward getting existing applications uplifted where possible and ensuring all new applications are aligning with the Reference Architecture prescriptions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the WDP&R applications and business processes and proactively advise on opportunities for business process redesign, or application or process consolidation and/or simplification.
- Be the go-to resource for other solution architects that are looking for assistance with solving complex architecture issues.
- Review other architects’ solutions and ensures their application architecture strategy aligns with organizational goals.
- Help continue to evolve the Solution Architecture team’s processes and metrics to make the team more efficient, and increase the value add to the organizations supported.
- Work across all delivery teams to help better define and communicate the Solutions Engineering Team’s value; what’s working, what’s not, what should we be doing that we’re not etc.
- Provide support to Engineering Excellence & WDAT Technology Delivery Teams throughout the project life cycle (Design, Delivery, Release & Hypercare phases).
- Business Context Diagrams
- System Context Diagrams
- Data Flow Diagrams
- High Level Architecture / Solution Diagrams and Decks
- Estimation Work Sheets and Decks
- Proof of Concepts
- Detailed Level Architecture Diagrams
- Sequence Diagrams
- System Interaction Diagrams
- Detailed Interface Specifications
- Logical and Physical Deployment Diagrams
- System Rollout Plan Strategy Documentation
- Strategies and Documentation for Non-Functional Requirements
- Documentation for Service Level Agreements (SLA) between different layers of Ticketing EcoSystem Systems
- Status Reports
- Meeting Notes
- Workstream Delivery Plan
- Risks/Actions/Issues/Decisions (RAID) Log
- Java/JEE/.NET, Restful/SOAP Services, Micro Services, Angular, NodeJS, Cloud, Relational and NoSQL Databases
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.