Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Live Entertainment - Management Internship Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 627789BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 10, 2019
Job Summary:Live Entertainment Management Internship Fall 2019
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We deliver the best theme park experience in the world. Our theme park entertainment operations management interns oversee entertainment operations with an emphasis on Guest service and courtesy, safety, efficiency, and show elements. Our team takes delight in ensuring that the magic of Disney shines through for all of our guests to enjoy our entertainment offerings, enabling Guest satisfaction and financial success. Our operating areas include Characters, Stage Shows, Technical Operations, Atmosphere Entertainment, Special Events, Disney Photo Imaging, and Spectaculars.
In this role, you will manage the daily operations of various Entertainment locations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom within the Walt Disney World® Resort. You will learn to lead, coach and develop front line Cast Members (including performers, attendants and captains), foster a spirit of Performance Excellence with a focus on entertainment offerings and build strong relationships with business partners in a fast paced environment.
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership experience
- Knowledge of the entertainment or theme park industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Strong familiarity with lighting, audio, special effects, scenic and stage set-up systems
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Understanding of the Disney Character Brand and a willingness to uphold the values of that brand
- Operating a company vehicle may be part of this role
- Junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Theater, Technical Theater, Technical Production, or related field
Additional Information:Required Materials:
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
To upload your transcript:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This Management Internship is located the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide their own housing.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.