Already applied?View Dashboard
Management Internship - Food & Beverage, Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 518234BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/16/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We deliver world class and memorable dining experiences. Our Food and Beverage management interns oversee a seamless total dining experience with an emphasis on Guest service and courtesy, safety, efficiency, and show elements. Our Food and Beverage team takes delight in ensuring that the magic of Disney shines through for all of our guests to enjoy our memorable dining offerings, enabling Guest satisfaction and financial success. Our operating areas include Quick Service Restaurants, Table Service Restaurants and Outdoor Vending.
You will serve as the manager on the floor, orchestrating the operation while Guests are present and ensuring exceptional food quality and presentation. Oversee multiple venues and styles of service, while ensuring operational compliance to food preparation, food safety and loss prevention standards as well as adherence to applicable government health regulations. Strong attention to detail, exhibiting professional excellence and driving optimal performance through table touching, Guest interaction and Cast Member engagement.
What You Bring to the Role:
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership experience
- Minimum six months food and beverage experience
- Proven knowledge of financial aspects of an food and beverage operation (budget, revenue, labor)
- Knowledge of the food and beverage industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Proven knowledge of wines and spirits
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese
- College Junior, Senior, or Graduate level student
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This Management Internship is located the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide their own housing.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
- Click on the "Attachments" Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
- Select document type of “Transcript”