Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Management Internship - Lodging, Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 518237BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/22/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
We deliver world class hotel products and services. Our lodging operations management interns oversee a seamless total vacation experience with an emphasis on Guest service and courtesy, safety, efficiency, and show elements. Our team takes delight in ensuring that the magic of Disney shines through for all of our guests to enjoy our lodging offerings, enabling Guest satisfaction and financial success. Our operating areas include Custodial, Housekeeping, Front Office and Recreation.
Front Office: Lead the daily operations of the Front Desk, Bell Services and Concierge at a resort hotel. Interacting with Guests, Cast Members, external service providers, and partners on a daily basis to ensure a seamless arrival experience and delivery of superb service. Utilizing a complex property management system and other multi-functional hotel/guest services systems. Inspire Cast Members to provide exemplary service and respond to Guest issues and engage in extensive conflict resolution when Guest issues are escalated from front-line Cast Members.
Housekeeping: Lead a multifunctional team to accomplish daily service of 120 - 500 guestrooms to deliver an outstanding room experience and cleanliness both upon arrival and throughout a Guest's stay. You will coordinate, develop and inspect daily cleaning assignments. Partner closely with the Front Office to ensure delivery of clean and ready rooms throughout a shift. Maintain a strong Cast Member focus and inspire, engage, coach and develop a highly diverse team of multi-lingual Cast Members.
Custodial: Lead the daily operation of the Custodial team members who are responsible for ensuring Guest and Cast Member locations are show ready and cleaned to standards. You will work closely as a team to accomplish daily service of Guest-facing and Cast-facing areas. Develop, coordinate and inspect daily assignments to ensure proper service is provided in a timely manner. Partner with leaders from other lines of business as well as vendors to ensure exceptional service.
Recreation: Lead the daily recreation operations at a resort hotel. Ensure safe practices are consistently executed, keeping safety the top priority. Responsible for overall water quality and delivering a superb recreation experience and service to our Guests. Designated as a first responder for Guest issues and incidents in recreation venues at the resort. Help ensure a seamless total vacation experience for all types of Guests including families on vacation, Disney Vacation Club members with a strong sense of ownership, convention and group Guests and others.
Basic QualificationsYou Are:
- A self-starter who enjoys making day-to-day operational decisions in line with Guest, Cast Members and Financial expectations.
- Able to foster, build and maintain relationships to best communicate and interface with Guests, front-line Cast Members, partners, vendors, leaders and peers in other lines of business as a point-of-contact for day-to-day operations.
- Empowered to inspire, recognize, monitor performance, coach and develop front-line Cast Members from different cultures, backgrounds and styles.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum one year demonstrated leadership
- Minimum three months experience in Custodial, Front Office, Housekeeping, and/or Recreation environment
- Majoring in Hospitality, Business, Commercial Recreation or similar
- Recreation Only:
- Ability to complete and maintain CPO, Lifeguard, Aquatic Rescue Professional, and Aquatic Facilities Operator certifications.
- Knowledge of the lodging industry and a passion for delivering an outstanding service experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong written and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency within a Windows environment
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Training/Education:
- Recreation Only: Experience in aquatics, water safety or pool management
- Prior or current experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese
- 3.0 GPA
- College Junior, Senior, or Graduate level student
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This Management Internship is located the Orlando, FL area. Participants must provide their own housing.
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “edit profile info”
- Click on the "Attachments" Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts or Mickey_Mouse_CoverLetter)
- Select document type of “Transcript”